Organizations today face significant regulatory compliance challenges as IT vulnerabilities and threats evolve. Automating compliance management tasks can streamline processes, help companies meet regulatory mandates and curb costs. But that doesn't mean they can -- or should -- automate all regulatory compliance processes.
Join SearchCompliance on Twitter Thursday, July 24, at 12 p.m. EDT to discuss the benefits of compliance automation and its potential drawbacks, including whether it could jeopardize GRC jobs. TechTarget Associate Site Editor Emily McLaughlin will lead the event from SearchCompliance's Twitter handle, @ITCompliance, joined by SearchCompliance editors and experts. Questions will consider what compliance processes are best suited for automation, whether automation puts GRC jobs in the crosshairs, and other ways to streamline GRC strategy at your organization.
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2014
Time: 12 p.m. EDT
Hashtag: Use and follow #GRCchat
Is this your first #GRCchat? Whether you’re a newbie or returning tweet jammer, read the following pointers before signing on:
- To follow the conversation, type "#GRCchat" into Twitter's search bar. From this page, select "All" to view tweets in real time.
- Your first #GRCchat tweet should be introductory, including your name, title and organization.
- @ITCompliance will ask a series of questions related compliance automation, starting at 12 p.m. EDT (Q1, Q2, etc.). In your tweeted responses to each question, please preface with A1 (Answer 1), A2 and so on, then remember to include "#GRCchat". Each tweet sent during the chat should include the hashtag. Other hashtags to consider include #GRCautomation and #ITcompliance.
- Please note that Twitter allows only 140 characters per tweet. You are welcome to tweet multiple responses to each question (consider using format "1 of 2" or "1/2" to identify there is more).
- Throughout the discussion, retweet (RT) and favorite tweets you agree with and reply to those you don't.
Please direct questions, RSVPs or other concerns to Emily McLaughlin. "See" you on Twitter!
Next StepsRead recaps from previous SearchCompliance tweet jams covering top information security threats and the FCC net neutrality ruling.
Dig Deeper on Automating compliance processes
Emily McLaughlin asks:
What are the benefits and challenges of regulatory compliance automation strategies?
0 ResponsesJoin the Discussion