Those in charge of mobile governance and protection in their organization have a complicated, love-hate relationship with mobile data and devices. From a business perspective, mobile devices increase productivity by allowing company employees to work wherever and whenever. But those same benefits create a host of mobile data problems for IT compliance and security professionals.
Recaps from our first #GRCchat
Info governance training: Who, what, when?
Who should uphold GRC?
Tips for creating an info governance structure
Ensure compliance with a GRC plan
As employees begin to request corporate data access on not just smartphones, but also on tablets and new wearable tech devices, IT needs to step up its data protection game, assess vulnerabilities and implement necessary data retention tools.
Join SearchCompliance on Twitter Thursday, Feb. 20, at 12 p.m. EST to discuss mobile governance and data on the move. TechTarget Associate Site Editor Emily McLaughlin will lead the chat from the SearchCompliance Twitter handle, @ITCompliance. TechTarget writers and editors will contribute to the conversation, joined by compliance leaders, governance experts and SearchCompliance Twitter followers.
Date: Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014
Time: 12 p.m. EST
Hashtag: #GRCchat (additional hashtags include #mobiledata, #governance, #ITsecurity)
Tips for tweet jam newbies and reminders for veterans:
- Your first #GRCchat tweet should be introductory, including your name, title and organization.
- Starting at 12 p.m., @ITCompliance will pose a series of questions aligning with the mobile data protection theme.
- To follow the tweet jam conversation in real time, type "#GRCchat" into Twitter's search bar then click "All".
- In your tweeted answers to each question, preface with A1 (Answer 1), A2 or A3, then include #GRCchat to make sure your message is included in the discussion.
- Remember that Twitter allows only 140 characters per tweet, but you are welcome -- and encouraged -- to tweet multiple responses to each question.
Use this tweet jam as an opportunity to network and connect with like-minded Twitter users. Retweet or "favorite" responses you agree with, and respond to those you don't. Please direct questions, RSVPs or other concerns to Emily McLaughlin. We look forward to talking mobile GRC!