In 2013, SearchCompliance's sister site SearchCIO hosted monthly Twitter discussions under the #CIOChat hashtag...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
to regularly debate popular and timely topics with our followers. This year, SearchCompliance will hop on the tweet jam bandwagon with a monthly #GRCchat.
Recaps from SearchCIO tweet jams
Tweet jammers discuss data solutions
Is all data safe in the cloud?
IT protection priorities according to tweet jammers
The first topic on the docket for our Jan. 16, 2014 chat is the best information governance framework to suit your organization for risk management and compliance
Holistic information governance treats information as a valuable business asset, making information available to those who need it, while streamlining management, reducing storage costs and ensuring compliance. As a result, companies are able to reduce the legal risks associated with inconsistently managed information and be more agile as the marketplace changes.
TechTarget Associate Site Editor Emily McLaughlin will lead the discussion on information governance frameworks from the SearchCompliance Twitter handle, @ITCompliance. Our own writers and editors will contribute to the conversation, joined by compliance leaders, governance experts and our Twitter followers.
Date: Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014
Time: 12 p.m. EST
Hashtag: #GRCchat (additional hashtags include #InfoGov, #Governance)
Tweet jam tips and tricks for the veteran or newbie:
- Your first #GRCchat tweet should be introductory, including your name, title and organization.
- @ITCompliance will pose a series of questions to participants starting at 12 p.m. and continuing through 12:30 p.m. Each question will follow the information governance model theme.
- In your tweeted answers to each question, preface with A1 (Answer 1), A2 or A3, then include #GRCchat to ensure your message is included in the conversation.
- Remember that Twitter allows only 140 characters per tweet, but you are welcome to tweet multiple responses to each question.
- To follow the tweet jam, type "#GRCchat" into Twitter's search bar then click "All". This allows you to view relevant tweets in real time.
This tweet jam is an opportunity to network and connect with like-minded folks on Twitter. Retweet or favorite responses you agree with and respond to those you might not. Please direct questions, RSVPs or other concerns to Emily McLaughlin. We look forward to your company in the Twitter-sphere!