In this Product Spotlight, SearchCompliance looks at two of the newer vulnerability assessment tools on the market to help keep your organization safe.
BeyondSaaS by BeyondTrust
BeyondTrust Inc. has released BeyondSaaS, a cloud-based vulnerability assessment tool that allows customers to scan externally facing webpages and IP addresses for weaknesses in order to adhere to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance. BeyondSaaS simplifies the vulnerability management process by helping organizations quickly evaluate public-facing assets and manage job scheduling, reporting and results.
With assessments made completely via the cloud on a scheduled or ad hoc basis, BeyondSaas requires no hardware or software. The tool is fully configured with the company's Retina Network Security Scanner to allow users to efficiently identify IT exposures and prioritize remediation efforts company-wide.
BeyondSaaS features include the following:
- Integrated Microsoft Live authentication;
- Web application assessment;
- Management available to any tablet or mobile device;
- Simplified whitelisting of scan engines in the cloud; and
- Unlimited assessments per asset.
BeyondSaas meets external scanning requirements by PCI DSS, The Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and other regulatory compliance initiatives, providing automated PCI DSS compliance of external device assets and enabling automated asset discovery to ensure accurate reporting in the proper format.
BeyondSaaS is available now. For more information and a free trial, visit the website.
ThreatAnalyzer 5.0 by ThreatTrack Security
ThreatTrack Security Inc. has launched ThreatAnalyzer 5.0, a malware analysis product that features more than 30 new enhancements, such as improved behavioral analysis capabilities, simulated reboot countermeasures for sandbox-evading malware and a redesigned user interface.
With ThreatAnalyzer, users are able to automate sample submissions processes, completely analyze threats and quickly respond to protect sensitive data. ThreatAnalyzer streamlines tasks that could take days to complete to two minutes or less.
Some of the new capabilities in ThreatAnalyzer 5.0 include the following:
- A simulated reboot that detects and exposes malicious code otherwise undetected through most sandbox analyses.
- A threat dashboard that provides high-level awareness into threat levels of discovered malware.
- A workflow optimizer that aligns with typical user-experience scenarios to streamline everyday operations.
- An application programming interface integrator that supports output in JSON and XML, allowing for faster and easier integration with other cyberdefense solutions already in place.
For more information, visit the ThreatTrack website.