RSA Archer Business Continuity Management and Operations
RSA, the security division of EMC Corp., has released its RSA Archer Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Operations offering and accompanying mobile application, a combination designed to help enterprises meet their ever-changing disaster recovery and business continuity (DR/BC) and crisis management demands. The product is intended to help customers prepare for and minimize the impact of business disruptions while aligning with...
other enterprise governance, risk and compliance, or GRC, processes.
Features of RSA Archer BCM and Operations include:
- Risk register: Helps users identify, evaluate and mitigate risks that could affect their organization, locations, processes or partners.
- Business impact analysis: Enables users to evaluate how critical their processes are and determine recovery objectives that coordinate across the supporting infrastructure.
- Centrally managed DR/BC plans: Allows users to develop detailed recovery plans for business processes or IT assets, using automated workflow for plan testing, activation and approval.
- Enhanced crisis management and response: Enables users to report and manage crisis events; send emergency notifications to communicate crisis information to appropriate personnel; and activate DR/BC plans to recover disrupted business operations, facilities or IT infrastructure.
The mobile application's objectives and components include:
- Visibility: The RSA Archer BCM Mobile App gives users of iPhone and iPad mobile digital devices visibility into the details of DR/BC plans from any location, enabling a quicker user response during crises.
- Offline access to resources: In the event that a data center isn't available, the mobile app allows offline end users to access resources from the time the app was last synced.
RSA Archer Business Continuity Management and Operations, and RSA Archer BCM Mobile App are available now to customers worldwide. Visit EMC's website for more information.
Continuum Vault from Continuum Managed Services LLC is pitched as an end-to-end DR/BC solution, combining intelligent remote monitoring and management with advanced backup and disaster recovery (BDR). It ensures that all critical business data stored on Microsoft Windows servers and desktops is always protected and recoverable in the event of a disaster. All data backed up by Continuum Vault is also replicated off-site to the cloud, so business continuity will be maintained, even in a disaster scenario.
Key components of Continuum Vault include:
- Server/Desktop Vault: Makes it possible to back up critical business data in highly configurable snapshots that are stored as virtual machine disk images on the Vault BDR Appliance. Advanced deduplication and compression are also in place to minimize disk space.
- Vault BDR Appliance: Offers detailed snapshot and retention policies that can be configured as the business requires. Snapshots are instantly virtualized, allowing files, folders and even data in Microsoft Exchange or SharePoint to be recovered in minutes.
- Continuum Cloud Vault: Provides full cloud replication and instant off-site virtualization. All data is encrypted and stored in bi-coastal SAS 70 Type II data centers that are compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Continuum Remote Monitoring and Management support: A support feature is included for the Vault BDR Appliance and is available for all protected servers and desktops.
Continuum Vault is available for live demo and purchase. Visit Continuum's website or call 855-BDR-RESQ for more information about product plans.
Do you know of new DR/BC and compliance products we should feature? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.