As regulatory compliance management increasingly becomes a pain point at many organizations, two recently released...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
tools are designed to help organizations meet their GRC goals.
Previously featured compliance and GRC management tools.
MetricStream Inc. has released an update to its compliance management solution, while RSA Security Management (a division of EMC Corp.) has announced an expansion to its eGRC Platform.
MetricStream Compliance Management Solution
The MetricStream Compliance Management Solution is designed to provide a common framework to help manage an organization's compliance requirements. It enables companies to manage cross-industry mandates and regulations, as well as industry-focused regulatory guidelines.
Key features of the regulatory compliance management solution include:
- Creates regulatory intelligence through embedded content and regulatory tracking capabilities.
- Enables consistent compliance processes and policies across the enterprise while eliminating deviations and redundant activities.
- Automates information flows, assessments and testing, and remediation assignments.
- Uses compliance dashboards and "risk heat maps" to highlight compliance issues that need to be addressed.
Ontario's Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO), an electricity power system operator, has already gone live with MetricStream's Enterprise GRC Platform. IESO uses the platform to automate implementation and monitoring of compliance activities to electric reliability standards set by North American Electric Reliability Corp. (NERC) and the Northeast Power Coordinating Council (NPCC).
"The compliance requirements faced by energy operators enforce stringent regulatory oversight and reporting mandates," said MetricStream COO Gaurav Kapoor, in a statement. "IESO holds a special place among our customers in the energy space because of the fact that IESO monitors as well as enforces reliability compliance in the entire province."
RSA Archer eGRC Platform
The RSA Archer eGRC platform is engineered to help enterprises manage risks, demonstrate compliance, automate business processes and gain visibility into corporate risk and security controls across IT, finance, operations and legal domains.
Enhancements have been added to improve usability and add functionality for RSA customers, including:
- Flexible packaging capabilities that allow users to bundle, move and deploy solutions.
- Advanced reporting and additional statistical function availability.
- Expanded international capabilities enabling bi-directional languages.
- Enhanced usability and user interface designed to improve productivity and streamline administration.
The RSA Archer eGRC platform also includes a regulatory management solution to help customers speed up responses to changes in the regulatory environment, and a solution that automates PCI 2.0 compliance requirements. RSA has also launched an updated RSA Archer Community and Exchange platform to provide members with expanded tools and resources.