ArcSight Inc. has announced the release of Logger 5.0 for security, compliance and IT operations. The solution...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
enables users to capture, store and search data residing on information systems. Available as a self-managing appliance, downloadable software or cloud service, Logger 5.0 features enhancements to search, reporting, storage, form factor flexibility and usability of the ArcSight Logger.
ArcSight Logger 5.0 includes the ability to create reports against both structured and unstructured data, as well as unified data across data types. It also adds the following IT operations and analysis functions:
• Application build-error tracking.
• Application runtime stack trace reporting.
• Failed login analysis.
• System CPU utilization analysis.
IBM InfoSphere Guardium 8
IBM has announced the release of InfoSphere Guardium 8, software that helps businesses protect customer data and other sensitive information from security breaches. The software automatically monitors structured data and application usage across an enterprise and alerts management to suspicious activity.
Previously featured compliance and GRC management tools.
InfoSphere Guardium 8 creates a single set of automated and centralized controls for a broader range of enterprise databases and applications. The software is designed to help clients meet compliance mandates by delivering stronger information governance controls to ensure the privacy and integrity of corporate data while simplifying audits.
Features in InfoSphere Guardium include:
• Fraud protection for SAP AG systems, by providing more detailed information about SAP users, making it easier for businesses to detect fraudulent activities without making changes to their databases or applications.
• Protection of SharePoint files by providing real-time monitoring controls, thereby making it easier to detect unauthorized access to SharePoint repositories.
• Support for the mainframe, including enhanced database activity monitoring capabilities for IBM DB2 databases running on System z and helping businesses protect critical information from unauthorized access by administrators.
The IBM InfoSphere Guardium 8 software is now available. It is offered as a pre-configured appliance or virtual appliance for rapid deployment and simplified maintenance.
EthicsPoint epVisualization Manager
EthicsPoint Inc. has announced the release of epVisualization Manager (epVM), which is designed to view governance, risk and compliance data in a location-based dashboard. EpVM allows customers to create and customize dashboards to monitor risk events at all levels of an organization, displays existing location-based data and overlays it with available RSS feeds and email-based alerts. The solution also supports a variety of existing and custom data feeds to create a visual data mashup. This enables users to view correlations between certain operational or environmental factors and the associated increase in risk.
The Software as a Service-based epVM helps ethics and compliance officers, internal auditors and risk managers:
• Create dashboards of aggregated information that display risks to provide company executives snapshots for reporting;
• Provide holistic enterprise views of misconduct reports as well as patterns and trends by geographical region;
• Overlay key business partner locations to identify, monitor and manage high-risk supplier, vendor and agent relationships; and
• Connect an organization's high-incident hotspots with targeted training and awareness programs.
Let us know what you think about the story; email Ben Cole, Associate Editor.