In this exclusive interview with SearchCompliance.com, recorded at RSA Conference 2009, David Hansen provides insight
into compliance strategies, managing risk and preparing for data breaches with data loss prevention (DLP). Hansen, corporate senior vice president and general manager of CA Inc.'s security management business unit, offers perspectives, experience and useful advice of enterprise CIOs and CISOs tasked with managing compliance requirements.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
In this podcast, Hansen answers the following questions:
- How do you manage security and risk at CA on a daily basis? How do you approach managing compliance strategy?
- What risks does the recession hold for compliance and security?
- Given your perspective on the industry, what do you view as the biggest headache for compliance officers?
- When it comes to risk management and compliance strategy, when you consider compliance, is it a subset of data governance? Is it integrated across the organization?
- There are many new regulations coming out of Washington this year. What changes in the industry do you anticipate? Is more regulation a good thing?
- Data breaches are, unfortunately, a major risk to the enterprise. How do you recommend responding to a data breach if it happens -- and what should you do to prepare?
- How do you build DLP into the cloud? How do you work with vendors and end users to remain compliant? When you move the data out of the organization, can you remain secure?
- What three things should a chief information security officer have on his or her mind early on Monday morning to remain compliant and secure?