Internet security provider Commtouch Inc. has announced the launch of GlobalView URL Filtering for Mobile, designed to provide mobile device security for users browsing the Web.
Previously featured compliance and GRC management tools.
Once the GlobalView URL Filtering engine is integrated into the mobile device or application and the user of the device browses a site, the mobile device or application queries the GlobalView URLF engine for the URL categorization. The engine first checks its local cache for a matching URL, and then queries the Commtouch GlobalView Network for URLs that are not in the local cache. The mobile device or application then blocks, allows or strips content according to the categorization it receives from the GlobalView URLF engine.
The mobile device security solution is designed to help ensure:
- Secure Web browsing: Mobile users can be protected from phishing sites or sites that download viruses and malicious content;
- Regulatory compliance: Organizations can enforce Web access policies to limit their liability and comply with required standards;
- Parental control: Surfers can be protected from inappropriate Web content.
GlobalView URL Filtering is currently available for operating systems and environments that run a Java virtual machine, such as Android. Commtouch representatives anticipate adding support for other mobile operating systems such as iOS, QNX and other BlackBerry operating systems, and Windows Phone 7. For more information, visit www.commtouch.com/urlf-mobile.
Symantec Web Gateway 5.0
Symantec Corp. has announced the release of Symantec Web Gateway 5.0, a Web security solution designed to protect organizations against Web-borne malware. Symantec Web Gateway also monitors and protects sensitive information being communicated across the Internet.
Key features and functions of Symantec Web Gateway 5.0 include:
- Secures and manages Web traffic by blocking malware threats, with real-time scanning to prevent confidential data loss and block inappropriate content;
- Reduces the risk of data loss by automatically enforcing security policies;
- Provides real-time education on Web security policies, with notifications of policy violations;
- Offers application controls to provide administrators with multiple policy settings to ensure users are given access to applications that adhere to company guidelines;
- Provides a URL filtering list to give administrators the ability to monitor, block or allow access to certain websites, which are organized in 62 different categories.
Customers have the flexibility to deploy the solution as either a virtual appliance or on physical hardware. Symantec Web Gateway 5.0 is available now as a standalone solution or as part of Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition. Existing Symantec Web Gateway and Protection Suite Enterprise Edition customers with a valid subscription are entitled to perform a simple upgrade to the new version at no additional cost. For more information, visit www.symantec.com/business/products.
Do you know of new compliance products we should feature? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
This was first published in July 2011